According to Wikipedia:
Plagiarism (from the Latin plagiare, "to kidnap") is the practice of claiming, or implying, original authorship of (or incorporating material from) someone else's written or creative work, in whole or in part, into one's own without adequate acknowledgment.Why talk about plagiarism on my Red Sox blog? Well today I got this comment from Joseph, a reader, about one of my posts:
While listening to Matty in the Morning this morning on Kiss 108, they were going down the list of at-bat songs for the Red Sox...and THAT list sounded and ran in the same order as this list...just a little congrats for "getting" on the radio...even though I never heard then give you a shout out...I thought "heh- that's pretty cool, wonder if it really was my list?" So I decided to go online and see if I could find a podcast or mention of the list anywhere. After 2 minutes of searching I got my answer. Mr. Matty in the Morning did, in fact, copy my list of Red Sox at-bat songs. Not only did he copy it, he didn't give me credit for compiling the list or bother to fix a grammar/spelling mistake I made!
but here's to a great list
October 24, 2007 4:09 PM
Why do I know it's my list?
- I spent a long time putting this list together
- I searched online extensively and couldn't find a current list (although there was one on Boston.com from 2004) - and I work in SEO so I know how to use the Internet
- I don't know the name of the Creed song for Manny Delcarmen and I put a "?" instead of the song name, Matty's list says the same
- I mistakingly put a "?" after the name of Tim Wakefield's song, Matty's list says the same
- It's the same order as the songs I list
- On top of it all, I'm not even 100% sure my list is completely right but he has it listed song for song like I do! For example, I know Schilling no longer enters to "Welcome to the Jungle", as Gagne does - but I still have it there! Guess what? He does too!
Here is my original post: Red Sox At Bat Songs
Here is Matty's page (look halfway down on the right): Players entrance music
So here's what I'm asking, fans of SoxyLady. Please email Matty in the morning and Kiss108 FM and ask them to give me the credit I deserve. I would really appreciate it.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? Regardless, I'm quite sure Jackson Blue would never do anything this lame!
Now, enough of this nonsense - LET'S GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!
***UPDATE: Kiss 108 has responded, all is well.