Monday, July 16, 2007

Dear Captain My Captain,

You sure have taken a beating lately.

On July 1st Akinori Otsuka spiked you in the ankle to give you your own version of Curt's bloody sock and then just the other day Dice K beat you up a bit when you took that ball off of the chin and then your poor thumb. I'm sure I don't need to relive these painful memories for you.

Papi is not himself lately. We know about his knee injury, but besides that he just doesn't look like he's having fun playing the game. Is there something else going on that we don't know about?

Sure Lugo's starting to hit now, and that brings a little comfort but not enough to make up for the fact the Yankees are only 9 games behind. This is WAY too close for comfort for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say, Oh Captain my Captain, is stay strong. We need you, and every time you get one of these injuries I cringe and get a big knot in the pit of my stomach. Use your Superhumon Captain abilities to bring this team together and make them smile. The bats will follow.

Love and all that stuff,
Soxy Lady

No comments: