Thursday, February 1, 2007

Do you, take this hotdog? I do

Congratulations to Theo and Whitney who wed earlier this month, not at Nathan's Hot Dog Stand, but on John Henry's private yacht. I'm happy for them, wish them many healthy and blissful years together, yadda yadda....However, if the rumor that these nuptials were part of the reason the Drew deal took so long to finalize I'm kind of annoyed. Other than that party on Mr. and Mrs. Epstein!

What really makes me happy are the reports that Jon Lester is in Florida and ready to train with the rest of the pitchers and catchers when they arrive in Ft. Myers. What a fighter this guy is. I'm am whole-heartedly cheering for him and his success.

Then there is our new smiling supa-stah Dice K. Hey, he's pleased with the produce and fish he's had in the good ol' USA - lets hope that keeps him strong and healthy for the five-man pitching rotation.



"One of the things I was most worried about in coming over here was obviously the food. But to my surprise, I found the vegetables are great, the fish tastes great," Matsuzaka said with a smile. "So far, so good. I've been able to lead a comfortable few weeks here."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This was my favorite quote about Matsuzaka:

When Matsuzaka's agent visited in Japan this summer, Matsuzaka's wife asked for a favor. "She wanted to know if I could get Daisuke the jersey of his favorite player," Boras said. "I thought it might be Ichiro, or [Hideki] Matsui. No -- it was Jason Varitek."

Soxy Lady said...

Yes, I read that (I think on your site!) I love it! And I already love Daisuke because of it. I'm getting so excited to see what this kid can do. Did you see his Japanese Beer Commerical wearing his Sox uniform? I'll have to post it.