Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ask Soxy

Every once in a while something miraculous happens; I get confirmation that someone has stumbled upon this little blog. This can happen in the form of a comment, a RT on a Twitter post, or in this case a question via email.

Chris asks:
I saw the thing you did for red sox at bat music
i was looking for the song they play when jd drew hit that homerun in ALCS game 5 in 2008
if u could help that would be great!

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the question. JD Drew's walk-off hit in Game 5 of the 2008 ALCS was fantastic! At Fenway Park, every time the Sox win a game they immediately play "Dirty Water" by the Standells.

Here is a short video I took of the Standells playing "Dirty Water" at Fenway in October 2007, just days before the Drew hit. Enjoy!


~SoxyLady

*****UPDATE*****

I was wrong, Chris was talking about Drew's 2 run homer in the 8th. He emailed me back and said he found the answer. The song in question was the popular homerun song Sandstorm by Darude.



Thanks everyone for making sure the posted details were correct!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If I'm not mistaken, JD's walk-off in that game was a single. He hit the homer in the 8th inning. So while they played "Dirty Water" after the walk-off, that isn't what they played in the 8th. (I'd have to watch the hit to try and identify the song.)

Soxy Lady said...

And THIS is why I post questions. I'm definitely not the wealth of knowledge as some of you out there. Thanks for this, Cyn. If you find the answer please let me know. I'll do some investigating of my own.

Soxy Lady said...

Hey everyone, Chris emailed me back and he got the answer.

Cyn was correct, he was talking about the 2 run homer in the 8th.

The song was Sandstorm by Darude. A popular at Fenway Park.

Thanks all!