...It's possible, at least on-screen!
The irony of die-hard Red Sox Fans, Ben Affleck & Matt Damon potentially playing Yankees in an upcoming film is hilarious. Even better, Affleck is said to be directing the film on the Great Yankee Swap.
If you don't know the story, it goes like this: Back in the early seventies Yankee pitchers Mike Kekich and Fitz Peterson (who were good friends on and off the diamond) made headlines when not only swapping wives, but actually swapping lives. That's right, they swapped wives, houses, kids...even dogs!
The timeline is as follows:
- Early 1972 couples joke about wife-swapping
- Off-season 1972 Mike moved in with Fritz's wife, Marilyn and Fritz moved in with Mike's wife, Suzanne
- Spring Training 1973 the new couples go public
- Sometime 1973 Mike and Marilyn split
- 1973 - 1974 both men's baseball careers start to unravel (some think it has to do with all of the negative press surrounding their off-field decisions)
- 1974 Fritz and Suzanne get married (and in the years following end up having 4 children together)
- 1979 friends Mike and Fritz stop talking
So will the film make it to the big screen? Only time will tell. But who better to play the two left-handed Yankees pitchers than a couple of die-hard Red Sox fans from Boston? Heh....
My only question is how Jen and Luciana feel about the whole thing?