Monday, August 13, 2007

GagNAY

Honestly, I haven't been ignoring you. I have started writing lots of posts and then been distracted and by the time I get around to finishing them, they're old news. Then I decided I'd be on "writing strike" until the Sox stopped sucking...but that might just kill this blog.

Can somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain something to me? Why is it so hard to go from being a Closer to a Set-up man? I understand why it's hard to go from being a Closer to a Starter and vice versa - but WTF is the real difference between a Closer and Set-up man? Ultimately your goal is the same - one inning DO NOT ALLOW ANY RUNS. We win. How is that hard? And why is it such an adjustment? I'm sure there is an answer but I don't know what it is. So here it is, my open letter to Eric GAGne

Dear Eric 'Used to be the Best in the Game' Gagne,

I've never been, nor will I ever be a competitive baseball player. I am, however, a fan and would like to offer you a word of advice. When you're pitching to Miguel Tejada you really can't throw seven fastballs in a row.

So now the boo-birds are out and you're wearing a big red target on your back. Look, we understand nerves - we understand trying to fit into a new team. Hell, once in a while we can even understand mistakes. What we can't understand is a 15.95 ERA against the freakin' Baltimore Orioles.

Get it together man. Get. It. Together.

Sincerely,
SoxyLady

P.S. Who the hell names their daughter Bluu anyway?

2 comments:

s1c said...

WEEI is calling him Canadian bacon as in he is cooked.

Still, rough patch but he will do better.

Soxy Lady said...

Yeah, I heard them say that on my way home tonight.

Let's just go out and have a good night tonight.