Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sometimes It's OK to Walk Instead of Run

Honestly, I'm ready for Manny to go and I keep meaning to post about it (like the rest of the blogesphere) but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

What I do have to say is, "Sox, stick to your guns"

It is becoming increasingly apparent that certain teams are trying to take advantage of the "situation" with Manny in Boston.

Not only do the Marlins want the Sox to pay the remainder of Manny's $7M contract (which they said they would do) - but now they want an additional $2M? For what? That's insanity.

And I'm not entirely positive of the prospects the Pirates were offered by the Sox, but they apparently don't think they are good enough. This coming from a team who consistently trades away their best players for nothing.

Look, we're ready to deal but we're not effing stupid.

I hope Theo is on the phone with Ned Colletti right now.

No comments: