Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kevin J. Shea at Fenway Park

I was at last night's game.

The one I'm not going to write about for obvious reasons.

While it's always great to be at Fenway Park - to smell the sausages, to hear the crack of a bat, to see that perfect green grass - the highlight for me (besides SoxyHusband coming to surprise me and say "hello") had to be watching artist Kevin J. Shea painting a portrait outside of Gate A.

I snapped a few shots with my snazzy new camera.


Shea then pulled out a little card, with a print of a similar portrait he painted, signed it and asked me to email him the photos. I'll happily do so - and am thankful he gave me the "mini portrait" as it seems unlikely I'll be able to afford one of his prints any time soon (especially since my purse was stolen - have I harped on that enough yet?)

He is a very talented artist. If you haven't checked out his work yet, you should: www.kevinjshea.com.
To my photography friends: What would you have done differently if you were taking these pictures? How would you have edited them? I am going to be asking for a lot of help as I get back into my photography hobby.

No comments: