Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boston Organics Fruit and Vegetable Delivery Service

Thanks to The Missus at OnCommonGround I heard about a great service called Boston Organics.

I hate buying anything other than "staples" at a grocery store - I tend to go to a Whole Foods Market or a Farm Market to buy meat, fruit, vegetables and herbs. Of course I gravitate towards the same foods and get stuck in a "food rut" once in a while. I think Boston Organics may help me get out of this rut, and force me to eat more fruits and veggies (so I'm not throwing away money). The best part is I don't have to leave my house (or beg my dear fiance to stop at the store on his way home from work) in order to get all of this healthy food.

My first box will be delivered next Thursday. It will contain:

  • 2 Granny Smith Apples
  • 3 Green Bartlett Pears
  • 2 lbs Bananas
  • 1 lbs Honey Tangerines
  • 1 Mangoes
  • 3 Navel Oranges
  • 2 Plums
  • 1 Avocados
  • 1 6oz Bagged Spinach
  • 1 Cucumbers
  • 0.75 lbs Good and Ugly Tomatoes
  • 1 head Red Leaf Lettuce
  • 0.5 lbs Snow Peas
  • 1 lbs Zucchini
So now instead of wasting time at the store, I can plan my weekly meals ahead!!!! Anybody want to share any good recipes that contain the above foods?

And yes, I will talk about the Red Sox again. I just...have nothing to say at the moment. Strange, I know.

No comments: